Senior Computer Vision/Deep Learning Engineer – Medical Image (Artificial Intelliegence)
San Diego, Jersey City, Remote
What we do
The Center for Image Analytics @ ElectrifAi is a team of world class experts that advance the state of the art in image analysis and understanding and develop innovative AI products using computer vision and machine learning at scale.
We love to challenge the boundaries of existing methods and algorithms, we transform radical science to working prototypes and develop our very own technology in support of our cutting-edge products.
The team’s verticals are high precision 2D and 3D medical image segmentation, satellite and aerial image analytics, digital image fraud detection and text from image.
This is a senior role for a computer vision and deep learning engineer who will work on our unique 3D medical image segmentation technology.
The successful candidate will develop and implement novel research techniques, protocols and algorithms for supervised and fully automated 3D medical image analytics and visualization in support of diagnosis and pre-operation planning.
He/she will be part of a team of talented scientists and engineers, write high quality code and productize cutting edge solutions, report directly to the VP of Data Science, collaborate with senior management and execute on company policy. Will support ongoing research in deep learning and image analysis and provide expert knowhow in all phases of product development.
The candidate must have:
- an advanced degree in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision or deep learning, and 10 years of post-academic experience with an MS or 6 with a PhD title.
- extensive experience with modern computer vision and deep learning methods for image classification, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc.
- software engineering experience with knowledge of the software lifecycle that includes testing, version control and shipping high quality code
- extensive experience in C/C++ and OpenCV or other computer vision libraries.
- extensive experience in Python, Tensorflow + Keras, PyTorch or other deep learning libraries.
- experience with parallel programming (GPU/VPU, multi-core or distributed systems).
Priority will be given to candidates that further to the required qualifications any of the following:
- working knowledge of computer vision geometry for 3D pose estimation and tracking.
- experience in designing algorithms for 3D object classification using image data
- experience with OpenGL, webGL, ITK and VTK; highly appreciated
- experience with graphical UI/UX programming
- experience in implementing efficient data structures to enable faster data processing.
- experience in benchmarking algorithms based on speed, accuracy and robustness
- experience in building production computer vision or deep learning systems.
- experience with medical image formats (DICOM, etc.) and imaging techniques
- publications in a top tier conferences such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICLR, ICML.
- experience in collaborating across multiple teams including analytics, product management, and operations.
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- ability to work independently with minimal direction
- strong collaboration skills and desire to contribute to a common purpose
- can-do attitude, self-driven, flexible, intellectually curious, willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges to meet business goals
- excellent English language communication skills
- broad experience beyond computer vision and software engineering such as in physical sciences, life sciences and/or mathematics
- Jersey City, San Diego. Fully remote work may be an option for selected regions.