- Be responsible for common architecture, key back end components of the product.
- Implement services that are highly available, fault tolerant, develop REST APIs.
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Use best practices, contribute to peer code review process to ensure code quality.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists and business team, collaborate and follow agile development process and test-driver development.
- Develop data pipelines.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Work collaboratively with design team to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of software engineering experience.
- Strong experience using Java and J2EE.
- Strong background of building event-driven microservice-oriented cloud architecture.
- Leveraging Apache Spark for analytics, big-data processing, machine learning workloads.
- Docker, Kubernetes with any cloud provider.
- Kafka, or similar tools for building event driven data and analytics pipelines.
- Strong team player, good understanding and experience working with Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies.
- Passion for technology, problem solving, strong commitment to quality, attention to detail, security, performance and user experience.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to Jenkins and related CI/CD tools.
- Front-end technologies such as ReactJS, Redux, NodeJS, React Native, GraphQL.