DevOps Engineer - IT
About the Role:
The DevOps Engineer at ElectrifAi will be part of a global IT support team working in rotational shift schedule. He/She will support all internal and client users globally, will collectively work on administrations and setting up of Linux IT infrastructure, setting up and administer Hadoop cluster, manage CI/CD, monitoring and fine tuning infrastructure performance, administer Jira/Confluence, troubleshooting server OS and hardware issues, and all supportive software.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or related field.
- Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
- SSO platforms such SAML2.0, ADFS
- Git, SVN continuous integration tools e.g. Jenkins, Maven or Gradle
- Network fundamentals TCPIP, HTTP, DNS, SSL/TLS, Layer 3 and Layer 7 load balancing, etc.
- Strong scripting experience in one of the following Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Bash preferred
- Ability to work in 24X5 shift
- Be responsible for the common architecture.
- Design, creation, and provisioning of infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain products and applications.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure and configuration of SaaS applications with a focus on automation and infrastructure as code.
- Design, build, manage and operate the infrastructure as a service layer (hosted and cloud-based platforms) that supports the different products and services.
- Identify and troubleshoot any availability and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network, and application.
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity and establish the appropriate scalability plans.
- Troubleshoot and solve customer issues on production deployments.
- Work directly with the DevOps team and DevOps manager to support a high demand and fast paced client production environment
- Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Improve infrastructure development and application development
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company
- Monitoring automations to make sure that the correct monitors are deployed at the application level so that any failures can be quickly detected and repaired.